2010年10月11日 星期一

Name: Eva
Number: 73638
Introduction

Have you ever ridden bicycle? The answer may be yes because bikes have been popular from late 19 century to now. In 1903, Japanese Occupation, bicycles saluted into Taiwan from Japan. In that time, bikes had to cost 30 dollars which correspond to noble Benz in nowadays. Only, Japanese in Taiwan and nobles could buy bikes. In 1940s, some bikes which produced from Japan were imported in Taiwan. Some people such as formers and businessmen began to ride bikes to move goods or to substitute walking. After restoration of Taiwan, people in Taiwan began to produce bikes. Nevertheless, the technique in Taiwan was not better than Japan, so the prize was cheaper than Japan. In addition, the government fostered the domestic industry of bike so that they prohibited the import of bike. With the government protection in 1950s, the cheap bikes became civilian, general and daily transportation. However, in1968, the 50c.c motorcycle import in Taiwan from Japan. Taiwanese gradually substituted motorcycles for bikes.

And yet, have you ever cycled around island or around the world? The exciting sport has begun in 1980s. A man named Hu Jung-hua started his plans which travel around the world by cycling. His plans always take years to accomplish. He kept journals that recorded what happened in the trip and how his feeling was. After him, more and more people travel around the world by cycling. Cycling around the world or island seems to represent the spirit of adventure, freedom, or the sense of achievement. Then, in 2007, the bikes were popular again. In this time, they were popular because of fashion, environmental pollution, or the change of concept, etc.

Why do people want to travel around the world or the island by cycling? When traveling by cycling, what problems do they encounter? What the spirit do they have in cycling? When cycling, what are they thinking? Our group wants to ask these questions to the cyclers. We will do a lot of survey and research about the cycling from internet, books, library, and magazine and so on. We also will do questionnaires to ask public’s advice. We want to know how people are thinking about cycling. In the project, we expect that cycling is not a fashion which appear suddenly and disappear quickly and that cycling can be promoted in our society for long time. We hope cycling is a recreational sport not a kind of normal transportation.

8 則留言:

  1. Hi,I am Peter.I think she writes very well because he has to write according to the teacher's steps. She explained the background of things, motivation, length, research questions and purpose. I particularly appreciate the background of the story and its details. I particularly appreciate the story and its background in detail. That may be a lot of people to write, and they have to be discussed. This is the best example to let me learn. Bye.

    回覆刪除
  2. I'm Puff!
    Ha ha~ I didn't ride the bike around the world but I very like to ride the bike.
    Now, everyone almost encourage to ride the bike because environmental pollution become very serious. So I think the bike is a good invention!

    回覆刪除
  3. Your introduction have a lot of information about bicycle, and make me know more about it. I like your expection which can inspire people do not cycle just for a short time of enthusiasm.(by 小柯)

    回覆刪除
  4. Well, I think that riding bike is a kind of health exercise. Not only can enjoy the pretty scenery, but also can make you relax. You also can listen to music when you are riding the bike and ride it with you friends or family.
    I think if one day the car disappeared, perhaps many people would ride their on the road. :D

    回覆刪除
  5. No, I never ride a bicycle because I can’t and I don’t like, ha ha. It seems that bicycles were luxuries in that time and become cheaper now. That surprised me because I can see many bikes when I walk on the road. And, the man, planning to cycle around the world by a bike, was so ambitious that he accomplished this time-consuming plan. Well, I think someone wanting to cycle around an island or whole world must have enough time and money to achieve his or her goal. Therefore, people always ride bikes now in order to improve their health and
    earth’s environment.


    from Kelly Chou

    回覆刪除
  6. Wow I really interested in your topic!!!! And your writing is great; you remember to tell us your motivation, method to research it, its history, and expectation about your project. I really hope to read your project learning, because I want to travel around Taiwan by bicycle. But I think it would be difficult to me to travel around Taiwan by bicycle, maybe I will take a train to every spot and ride a motorcycle. Of cause I will take my camera!!!

    回覆刪除
  7. Hi, I'm Jessica Wang. Your first paragraph writes about the history of bike. That teaches me a lot. In fact, I can't ride a bicycle so I am not interested in it. However, when you say it is produced from Japan, that makes me suprise. I always thought this was made in Taiwan before.
    I like your writing. You let these question which is from Chris become structured. Your logic is good and your length in this introduction is enough. Good.

    回覆刪除